Do you prefere butter? I know that you might prefere butter because it adds a special taste to your meals. I agree with you, but why don't you try margarine as an alternative, it's not only because it's more economical alternative for butter, but you might find it good too. You won't believe that you can do it simply at home! Yes, all you need is palmaline "palm fat", some vegetable oil "corn oil or sunfloweroil", milk and egg yolk.
Recipe of home made margarine
- 60 g palm fat
- 40 g sunflower oil "or corn oil"
- 2 tbsp fresh milk
- An egg yolk or 1 tbsp pasteurized egg yolk powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat palm fat till it melts only and put it in a bowl
- Add sunflower oil
- Put the bowl in a bowl of iced water to cool down
- Use a whisk to mix very well (you can use a hand mixer on low speed)
- Add milk, lemon juice, salt and egg yolk and keep mixing till you get a smooth spread.
- Store margarine in a plastic box in the fridge.