Tuesday, May 3, 2011

DIY (Do it your self) home made chocolate starting from cocoa powder



I love chocolate and I always include in most deserts I make at home. Yesterday, as I was preparing for my daughter's birthday party I discovered we're out of chocolate. I always keep some in fridge but I forgot that I've used it all, then I remembered that granny used to make chocolate at home and I\ve never really tasted chocolate like what she made for us, I think this woman had her own magic secrets.

I started my search, and finally I could find a recipe that contains similar ingredients, as the one she was using. I've tried it and it was good but after doing some corrections, and the result was really good. The funniest thing is I had my own brand chocolate :)

Home made chcolate recipe

You need

  • 1 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/4 cup of butter "at room temperature"
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup full cream milk
  • 2 tbsp flour
  • 2 tbsp dried milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
Directions
  1. In a pyrex bowl put butter and cocoa.
  2. Use a hand mixer to mix chocolate  and butter untill they are totally mixed forming a smooth paste.
  3. Put a little amount of water in a cooking tray " and put on high heat and bring to boil then reduce heat and keep filling as water evaporates and it's level goes down.
  4. Put the bowl into the hot water bath till it becomes hot.
  5. remove away from heat "Avoid leaving the mixture to cook"
  6. Add all other ingredients and keep mixing.
  7. Pour in ice cube mold or use special mold.













No comments:

Post a Comment